Trincomalee, Sri Lanka
The world's most popular and well-known scuba diving course. If you've always wanted to learn to scuba dive, have an unforgettable adventure, and discover the world under the seas, here is the place to start. Get your first scuba diving certification in Sri Lanka with us!
Through this course, millions of individuals have learned to scuba dive and gone on to experience the marvels of the underwater world.
Your first underwater breath is something you will never forget! During this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge required to become a certified diver, as well as how to use and care for your equipment, how to maneuver underwater with all of your gear, how to dive with a buddy and understand safe diving practices, dive planning, and becoming comfortable with your buoyancy while respecting the environment you are in. The course includes five confined water sessions and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of a PADI Dive Instructor.
Study at home
The Open Water Diver course may be finished in as little as four days. If you are short on time, we recommend that you engage in the PADI OWD eLearning program prior to your vacation.
This cuts the course length by around one day. With this, you may learn the theory by using PADI learning materials and videos on your computer or tablet and begin diving as soon as you arrive. Please keep in mind that if you choose eLearning, you must also acquire the Open Water Manual from the PADI website.
• Learning and Development eLearning (online, individual study) or in our diving center (one day classroom) to grasp basic scuba diving concepts
• Five Confined Water Dives to master the fundamentals of scuba diving
• Four open water dives to put your abilities to the test and explore!
As a PADI Open Water Diver, you can dive to depths of up to 18 meters/60 feet anywhere in the world for the rest of your life. If you want to take the next level, the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course is ready for you!
Schedule Day 1 (8:30 - 16:00)
When you arrive at the base, one of our local or international Divemasters or Instructors will greet you. You complete the relevant documentation, provide a medical declaration, and make your payment. We take both credit cards and cash.
For around half or one day, you begin in the classroom with the theoretical portion, which includes videos, knowledge reviews, quizzes, and the final test.
Day 2 (8:30 - 14:00)
The second day will begin with practical skills. You learn and practice scuba skills in a pool or water with pool-like conditions during the Confined Water Dives. You'll love doing one or more micro dives, which take you through the same processes as open water dives (Day 3).
Day 3 (8:30 - 13:00)
Now that you have completed your training, you will practice, apply, and display what you have learned on four Open Water Dives at a nearby diving site. Day 3 consists of two sea dives.
Day 4 (8:30 - 13:00)
Day 4 includes two open water dives in the sea. You practice your talents and discover more of the undersea world!
We operate in Sri Lanka's south and north-east coasts, in Unawatuna, Nilaveli, and Trincomalee.Our diving centers are open according to the monsoon season, which affects the climate in Sri Lanka, to offer the finest diving conditions with calm seas and decent visibility. With us, you can dive all year.
Before booking your dive with us, we recommend researching the differences between diving on the west and east coasts. There are substantial variances in undersea terrain, dive site depth, coral reefs, wrecks, and other features.
Our Unawatuna center is open every year from the 15th of October to the 10th of April, during which time you may experience the greatest diving conditions in Sri Lanka. The south west monsoon influences diving on the south coast beginning in mid-April. Because of these conditions, our Unawatuna center is closed. No need to worry, we're heading to the wild north-east shore!
Bathing and swimming are allowed all year because to the reefs that shelter Unawatuna Beach and Mihiripenna/Dalawella Beach from heavy waves.
Nilaveli and Trincomalee
Our Nilaveli and Divinguru Trincomalee is open every year from March 15th to October 30th. This is the greatest time to dive on the east coast, with calm seas and decent underwater visibility. The north east monsoon influences diving on the east coast beginning in mid-November. The water gets turbulent, heavy rain affects dive conditions, and our eastern diving centers are closed. We proceed south, where the south-west monsoon finishes about the middle of October and the diving season begins.
• All Diving and Water Sport activities may be paid in cash in Euro, USD, and Sri Lanka Rupees, or by credit card (MasterCard or Visa). Credit card payments will include a 2.5% bank charge.
• All pricing include VAT and Service Charge.
• Rates are subject to change without notice.
• Cancellations made at least 90 days prior to the reservation date are free of charge. We will reimburse your whole 50% deposit.
• Cancellations made 45 to 89 days before the reservation date will incur a 25% cancellation fee. We will reimburse half of your deposit to you.
• Cancellations made fewer than 44 days before the reservation date will be charged the entire 50% deposit.
• Cancellations made fewer than 30 days before the reservation date, or "No Shows," will result in the full reservation amount being charged.
• We wish to provide you and all of our clients with a fantastic diving experience and high-quality service. Each day, boat, and group must be planned ahead of time. Please keep in mind that we cannot issue refunds for late cancellations.
Pick-up and drop-off service We provide free tuk-tuk pick-up and drop-off service. Pick-up begins around 30 minutes (or depending on distance) before check-in at our diving center.
We provide free pick-up and drop-off between the following locations:
• Unawatuna (Southern Coast): Hikkaduwa to Mirissa. Hikkaduwa, Boosa, Gintota, Galle, Unawatuna, Dalawella, Mihripenna, Talpe, Habaraduwa, Koggala, Ahangama, Midigama, Weligama, and Mirissa are some of the places to visit.
• Nilaveli/Trincomalee (east coast): Nilaveli to Kuchchaveli (Trincomalee, Uppuveli, Nilaveli, Kuchchaveli).
All of our dives and courses include the following items: a shorty wetsuit, a regulator, a BCD, a mask, fins, weights, and a tank. At the dive center, you may hire additional equipment such as a flashlight, dive computer, compass, dive camera, and so on.
We provide a little discount to divers who bring their own equipment. Please keep in mind that the discount is only applicable if you bring your own BCD and regulator! We cannot, however, provide discounts for tiny products such as just masks, fins, or a dive computer.
Requirements: • Must be at least 10 years old. • No prior scuba diving experience is required, however you must be in good physical condition. • All divers are required to complete a quick scuba medical questionnaire on any medical issues that may pose a hazard while diving.
Open Water Diver Course • 4 days • theory in diving centre (classroom lesson with instructor) • equipment included • refreshment • free pick-up * Excluded: PADI certification and teaching materials, total 70€ Price: 403€
Open Water Diver Course with eLearning • 3 days • independent study • equipment included • refreshment • free pick-up * You have to register and purchase the OWD Manual on PADI website (AUD 220) Price: 317€
This listing is listed for following charter options.
With Captain and Crew both
Based on the choice of charter option set for this listing and your choice to avail these options under the process of booking this charter, an extra fee may be applicable, for eg; for availing Crew service.