Need an instant help?
Initiate a chat to instantly talk to one of our dedicated holiday experts 24/7.No bots! Speak to a real support person, ready to answer your queries in a real time.
Trincomalee, Sri Lanka
Exploration, Excitement, and Experiential Learning! That is the focus of the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver training. You don't have to be "advanced" to take it; it's meant to develop your diving, so you can begin as soon as you gain your PADI Open Water Diver certification. Continue your diving study in Sri Lanka with us!
You'll try out several specializations while gaining experience with the help of your PADI Instructor. You log dives and gain skills as you discover new ways to enjoy scuba diving.
Through several Adventure Dives, the course helps you gain confidence and enhance your dive abilities. You'll like the Advanced Open Water Diver course because you may pick from 15 different adventure dives with your diving instructor to obtain your certification. There are other options available to you, including night diving, digital underwater photography, wreck diving, peak performance buoyancy, and much more.
Study at home
The Open Water Diver course may be finished in as little as three days. If you are short on time, we recommend that you complete in the PADI AOWD eLearning program prior to your vacation.
This helps to cut the course length by around half a day. With this, you may learn the theory by using PADI learning materials and videos on your computer or tablet and begin diving as soon as you arrive. Please keep in mind that you must also acquire the Advanced Open Water Manual (if using eLearning) from the PADI website.
When you perform the theoretical component in our dive center, the final pricing with PADI eLearning is practically the same. The advantage is that you may understand the theory ahead of time and take the exam whenever and wherever you like. You save around a half-day off your course time and can enjoy your holiday more, for example, by diving more following your PADI Course.
In any event, please plan on a least of 3 - 5 days for your ADVANCED Open Water Diver training, as we cannot begin a course with a single student every day.
Knowledge Development eLearning (online, self-study) or at our diving center with our teacher Five Open Water Dives to put your abilities to the test and explore!
You and your instructor will create your learning route by selecting Adventure Dives from a broad selection. There are two mandatory dives - Deep Dive and Underwater Navigation - and three optional dives for a total of five dives.
You will learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological consequences and obstacles of deeper scuba diving during the Deep Dive. The Underwater Navigation Dive sharpens your compass navigation abilities and teaches you how to navigate more effectively utilizing kick-cycles, visual markers, and time. Other information and skills you get depend on your interests and adventures - photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, wreck exploration, and so on.
Schedule Day 01
When you arrive at the base, one of our local or international Divemasters or Instructors will greet you. You complete the relevant documentation, provide a medical declaration, and make your payment. We take both credit cards and cash.
First, you meet with your instructor and pick which adventure dives you will perform as part of your Advanced Open Water Diver certification. Then, for around half a day, you begin in the classroom with the theoretical portion of each adventure dive (knowledge reviews, quizzes, and the final test).
Day 02 and 03
You will also require two or three days to complete five Adventure Dives (Navigation, Deep, Boat, Peak Performance, Buoyancy, Wreck, and so on) with one of our PADI dive instructors.
Please keep in mind that the availability of Adventure Dives (Night or Wreck) is subject to the day's weather and sea conditions.
You practice your talents and discover more of the undersea world!Read Less
We operate in Sri Lanka's south and north-east coasts, in Unawatuna, Nilaveli, and Trincomalee.Our diving centers are open according to the monsoon season, which affects the climate in Sri Lanka, to offer the finest diving conditions with calm seas and decent visibility. With us, you can dive all year.
Before booking your dive with us, we recommend researching the differences between diving on the west and east coasts. There are substantial variances in undersea terrain, dive site depth, coral reefs, wrecks, and other features.
Our Unawatuna center is open every year from the 15th of October to the 10th of April, during which time you may experience the greatest diving conditions in Sri Lanka. The south west monsoon influences diving on the south coast beginning in mid-April. Because of these conditions, our Unawatuna center is closed. No need to worry, we're heading to the wild north-east shore!
Bathing and swimming are allowed all year because to the reefs that shelter Unawatuna Beach and Mihiripenna/Dalawella Beach from heavy waves.
Nilaveli and Trincomalee
Our Nilaveli and Divinguru Trincomalee is open every year from March 15th to October 30th. This is the greatest time to dive on the east coast, with calm seas and decent underwater visibility. The north east monsoon influences diving on the east coast beginning in mid-November. The water gets turbulent, heavy rain affects dive conditions, and our eastern diving centers are closed. We proceed south, where the south-west monsoon finishes about the middle of October and the diving season begins.
• All Diving and Water Sport activities may be paid in cash in Euro, USD, and Sri Lanka Rupees, or by credit card (MasterCard or Visa). Credit card payments will include a 2.5% bank charge.
• All pricing include VAT and Service Charge.
• Rates are subject to change without notice.
• Cancellations made at least 90 days prior to the reservation date are free of charge. We will reimburse your whole 50% deposit.
• Cancellations made 45 to 89 days before the reservation date will incur a 25% cancellation fee. We will reimburse half of your deposit to you.
• Cancellations made fewer than 44 days before the reservation date will be charged the entire 50% deposit.
• Cancellations made fewer than 30 days before the reservation date, or "No Shows," will result in the full reservation amount being charged.
• We wish to provide you and all of our clients with a fantastic diving experience and high-quality service. Each day, boat, and group must be planned ahead of time. Please keep in mind that we cannot issue refunds for late cancellations.
Pick-up and drop-off service We provide free tuk-tuk pick-up and drop-off service. Pick-up begins around 30 minutes (or depending on distance) before check-in at our diving center.
We provide free pick-up and drop-off between the following locations:
• Unawatuna (Southern Coast): Hikkaduwa to Mirissa. Hikkaduwa, Boosa, Gintota, Galle, Unawatuna, Dalawella, Mihripenna, Talpe, Habaraduwa, Koggala, Ahangama, Midigama, Weligama, and Mirissa are some of the places to visit.
• Nilaveli/Trincomalee (east coast): Nilaveli to Kuchchaveli (Trincomalee, Uppuveli, Nilaveli, Kuchchaveli).
All of our dives and courses include the following items: a shorty wetsuit, a regulator, a BCD, a mask, fins, weights, and a tank. At the dive center, you may hire additional equipment such as a flashlight, dive computer, compass, dive camera, and so on.
We provide a little discount to divers who bring their own equipment. Please keep in mind that the discount is only applicable if you bring your own BCD and regulator! We cannot, however, provide discounts for tiny products such as just masks, fins, or a dive computer.
• Must be at least 10 years old.
• No prior scuba diving experience is required, however you must be in good physical condition.
• All divers are required to complete a quick scuba medical questionnaire on any medical issues that may pose a hazard while diving.
Advanced Open Water Diver Course
• 3 days
• theory in diving centre (classroom lesson with instructor)
• equipment included
• free pick-up
• Excluded: PADI certification and teaching materials, total70€
• Price: 374€
Advanced Open Water Diver Course with eLearning
• 2 days
• independent study
• equipment included
• free pick-up
• You have to register and purchase the AOWD Manual on PADI website (AUD 204)
• Price: 288€
This listing is listed for following charter options.
With Captain and Crew both
Based on the choice of charter option set for this listing and your choice to avail these options under the process of booking this charter, an extra fee may be applicable, for eg; for availing Crew service.
Exact directions to the departure location will be provided after a confirmed booking.