An experienced Yachtmaster qualified available for Skipper, Captain, Deckhand or a Mate position.
I hold Yacht-Master (500 grt) and able seaman certificates. I am available for temporary, permament, daily or weekly positions as a skipper, captian, deckhand or a mate utilizing my painting varnishing, electrical and mechanical background. I have got over 5 years of experience and have acquired over 10,000 NM of sea-miles. I have various prior experience as a skipper and deckhand positions with sailing around the vast Turkish Coast, Nice/France, with along the vast coast of the Mediterranean Sea, Aegean and the Red Sea. I excel in various boat and yacht types, namely motor yacht, catamaran, both commercial fleets and private vessels.
I have been in the yachting industry since 1994 starting on my family owned Motorsailer Charter boat, MIZANA, and some times I did short way flotilla boat deliveries. I have been operating a marine hardware store since 2007. This strengthens my vast knowledge and expertise in areas of marine sail, skillset in compliance, safety management, risk-awareness sea-staff management, vessel manitenance including the administration and reporting. I am well versed with the ultimate responsiblity a skipper is entitled to undertake for the safety of vessel and the crew and as such, carrying a duty of care to all onboard. As a primary role of a skipper I am highly aware that each time I embark on a sail, about the risks involved in all activities during a voyage, both ashore and at sea and ensure sufficient measures are taken to avoid unacceptable risks. This does not entail to me a mere duty as a skipper/captain, deckhand, Mate, any position I am hired for. This extends beyond that. My duty of care extends beyond emotional and physical well-being of the sea staff, crew members and those onboard. The added advantage I can demonstrate is delivering the best possible adventure for the crew by designing the voyage and provide a spectacular sailing experience to the guests.
My License/Certificate details:
1. Yacht master 500 grt, 21/12/2021 - 21/12/2026
2. Able seaman, 21/12/2021 - 21/12/2026
3. Short Range Radio Operator, 09/04/2014 - 06/01/2025
4. Seafarers Medical Certificate, 23/05/2018 - 23/05/2023
5. Navigational Watch keeping, 15/08/2012 - Unlimited
6. Radar Observation And Plotting, 22/05/2015 - Unlimited
7. Security Awareness, 22/05/2015 - Unlimited
8. Medical Care Training, 22/05/2015 - Unlimited
9. Security Related Familiarization Training, 22/05/2015 - Unlimited
10. Designated Security Duties Certificate, 22/05/2015 - Unlimited
11. Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats, 21/12/2021 - 8/06/2026
12. Personal Survival Techniques at Sea, 21/12/2021 - 8/06/2026
13. Advanced Fire Fightin Certificate, 21/12/2021 - 15/11/2026
14. Personal Safety And Social Responsibility, 21/12/2021 - 8/06/2026
15. Elemantary First Aid, 21/12/2021 - 8/06/2026
16. Fire Prevention And Fire Fighting, 21/12/2021 - 8/06/2026
Deckhand/Skipper/Engineer, Senior Deckhand, Mate
My Skills include:
- Boat handling
- Line handling
- Some mechanical & electric knowledge
If you are a crew-seeker ether the private owner, or the commercial yacht operator looking for an experienced yet highly responsible crew professional in a position of a Skipper, Captain, Deckhand or a Mate, I am available for an outright hire.