Enjoy breathtaking moments on board as you explore the entire southwestern slope of Mount Athos, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The vastness of the environment, the human might that managed to erect all these beautiful buildings over a thousand years ago, monasteries like castles, skites like communities, and arsanades like ports.
The 33.5m motor yacht was launched in 2004 at the Makedonia Shipyard. This steel-hulled displacement vessel can accommodate 300 guests. It is distinguished for its modern interiors and sleek external lines. Guests will be wowed by the luxury comfort on board.
The ferry departs at 9:30 a.m. from the port of Ormos Panagias for a 7-hour sail to Mount Athos' southwest flank. Embarkation begins at 8:30 a.m. It is recommended that tourists arrive one hour before the departure time.
The itinerary is delivered over the speakers as we embark from Ormos Panagias for the Mount Athos cruise, and there is an update on board. The journey to the first monastery takes 2.5 to 3 hours, during which time you may appreciate the view of both the Sithonia Peninsula and Mount Athos, which embraces the Siggitikos sea. If you look out into the blue sea, you may glimpse dolphins, which generally join us on our excursion, and you will also hear about the history of Mount Athos from the speakers throughout the guided tour.
The route of the Ormos Panagias to Mount Athos voyage is determined by the weather. If the weather permits, the journey will depart from Ormos Panagias and go to H.M. Saint Pavlos, which is located at the foot of Mount Athos and towers up to 2.033m. in the southern portion of Mount Athos. If the weather does not cooperate, the journey begins, with our first stop at H.M. Dochiariou.
During the Ouranoupolis to Mount Athos itinerary, you will be able to explore 8 monasteries:
• Holy Monastery of Dochiariou
• Holy Monastery Xenophontos
• Holy Monaster Panteleimonos (Russian Monastery)
• Holy Monastery Xiropotamou
• The principal port of Mount Athos Daphni
• Holy Monastery Simonos Petras
• Holy Monastery Grigoriou
• Holy Monastery Saint Pavlou
There will be a halt about 14:00 in Ouranoupoli's harbor, where you will have 1 hour and 30 minutes to explore through the lovely hamlet, stores selling local items, and the Byzantine Tower that decorates its bay. All of the little tavernas provide food, including not only local cuisine but also Byzantine and Minorasian flavors.
Our vessel will depart at around 15:30 and return to the little harbor of Ormos Panagias, where it will arrive in approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. Throughout the journey, our bouzouki player will perform and sing traditional Greek songs for you. He will be there so that you may snap photographs with him and listen to his music. Arrival to Ormos Panagias is scheduled for around 17:00.
The majority of passengers choose tour guides who speak several languages (for example, Greek, English, German, and Romanian). The Captain, who is knowledgeable about the monks' lives, leads tours in Greek.
Every member of our crew has undergone lectures on the lifesaving equipment and fire extinguishing system on board. Furthermore, every week, fire emergency exercises, man at sea, sea influx into the ship, and ship abandonment are arranged. In addition, all of our crew members are trained and kept up to date in first aid. Our firm routinely examines the sailor's knowledge to ensure the safety of the passengers. They are familiar with the waterways and the local characteristics of the weather, waves, and sea bottom.
This listing is listed for following charter options.
With Captain and Crew both
Based on the choice of charter option set for this listing and your choice to avail these options under the process of booking this charter, an extra fee may be applicable, for eg; for availing Crew service.
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
• A guided tour leaves from Ormos Panagias to the monasteries of Mount Athos.
• Explore Mount Athos' West Side, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Keep your eyes on the sea in case you notice dolphins.
• On board, you may enjoy beverages and nibbles.
• On board, you may purchase souvenirs.
• Tickets may be purchased through our official agency in Ouranoupoli, online, or on the ship. You may also contact our phone to secure your tickets. During the embarkation, the tickets are checked. We recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance during the summer months of June, July, and August, because the number of passengers on each trip is restricted.
• Full refund
• Free trip date change Free excursion date change 20% off the next excursion
• Banana Beach offers a 20% discount.
• omit the line
• In the event of an emergency, a free transfer to the nearest health center is provided. Snack bar goods on board are discounted by 20%.
• Tour to the West Side of Mount Athos Peninsula Tours are available in a variety of languages.
• Equipment for safety
• Hamburg Marine Insurance P&I
• Taxes on gasoline
• Special fees for port authorities
• For individuals who will not listen to their language, a tablet with an audio tour is available.
There are safety precautions in place.
• All locations that clients come into contact with are cleaned on a regular basis. • Customers must maintain a safe distance.
• To avoid crowding, the number of visitors is limited.
• Customers must bring masks and wear them.
• Customers are required to complete a trip information form.
• Customers will be subjected to a required temperature check.
According to the Covid-19 Health Safety Protocols, all adults must complete the Pre-boarding health declaration questionnaire before embarkation. Remember to print and finish yours before boarding to save time!
Get Ready for the Activity
• Save the environment by using contactless check-in and not printing your tickets.
• There will be no reimbursement if you do not arrive on time for the departure.
• Please call us before to your voyage if there is a chance of inclement weather. You will be refunded if the cruise is canceled.
• If the cruise does not have a minimum of 20 passengers, it will be canceled and you will be refunded.
• According to Mount Athos avaton rule, the boat must keep a distance of 500 meters from the coast.
• Wheelchair friendly
• On the boat, there are restrooms (WC).
• Wear your most beautiful grin, be in your finest mood.
• Athos sea trips provide the most contemporary and safe vessels in the area, as well as the most qualified staff!
(maximum 300 guests)BOOK NOW Book Now